Mecvut Laboratuvar İmkanları
24 Kişisel Bilgisayar, 1 Yazıcı, 1 Projektör
3 USRP Kits
Sensor Network Testbed
Başlıca Çalışmalar ve Projeler
Ticarileşen, Ticarileşme Aşamasında olan veya Ticarileşme Potansiyeli olan Ürünler
Geliştirilen Başlıca Yöntemler, Prosedürler, Mekanizmalar, Ürünler, Yönetmelikler
Yayınlar, Patentler vb.
- B. Kahraman, F. Buzluca, "An efficient and adaptive channel handover procedure for cognitive radio networks", Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Early View, 2013.
- R. Balakrishnan, B. Canberk, "Traffic-aware QoS Provisioning and Admission Control in OFDMA Hybrid Small Cells", to appear in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2013.
- Z. Arslan, A. Alemdaroglu, B. Canberk, "A Traffic-Aware Controller Design for Next Generation Software Defined Networks", IEEE International Black Sea Conference on Communications and Networking, IEEE BLACKSEACOM, Batumi-Georgia, July 2013.
- M. Erel, Y. Ozcevik, B. Canberk, "A Topology Control Mechanism for Cognitive Smallcell Networks under Heterogeneous Traffic", IEEE International Workshop on Emerging Cognitive Radio Applications and Algorithms, IEEE 14th International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, IEEE WoWMoM, Madrid-Spain, June 2013.
- R. Balakrishnan, B. Canberk, "Traffic-aware QoS Provisioning in OFDMA Hybrid Small Cells", IEEE International Conference on Communications, IEE ICC, Budapest-Hungary, June 2013.
- H. Çukurtepe, A. Yayımlı, B. Mukherjee, "Impairment-aware lightpath provisioning using inverse multiplexing in mixed-line-rate networks"Elsevier Optical Switching and Networking, In Press, 2013.10.1016/j.osn.2013.07.002
- H. Alzaq and S. Kabadayi, "Mobile robot comes to the rescue in a WSN," In Proceedings of the 24th Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), September 2013.
- B.Canberk, “An Adaptive and QoS-based Spectrum Awareness Framework in CR Networks”, to appear in Elsevier Computer Networks Journal. 2012.
- B.Canberk, and S.Oktug, “A Dynamic and Weighted Spectrum Decision Mechanism based on SNR Tracking in CRAHNs”, Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks Journal, Vol.10, no.5, pp:752-759. July 2012.
- B. Kahraman, F. Buzluca,"A local enhancement process to improve fairness and throughput in femtocell networks", Proceedings of the Wireless Advanced Conference (WiAd 2012), London, UK, June 25-27, 2012, pp 100-104.
- B.Canberk, I.F.Akyildiz, and S.Oktug, "QoS-Aware User Cohabitation Coordinator in Cognitive Radio Networks," IEEE Global Communications Conference, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012. Anaheim-USA, December 2012
- G. S. Uyanik, B.Canberk and S.Oktug, "Predictive Spectrum Decision Mechanisms in Cognitive Radio Networks," 1st IEEE International Workshop on Ad Hoc Networking with MIMO and Cognitive Radio, IEEE Global Communications Conference, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, Anaheim-USA, December 2012
- B.Canberk and T.Ovatman, “Spectrum Utility Optimization by Priced Timed Automata Model Under Heterogeneous Primary User Traffics In CR Networks”, 1st IEEE International Workshop on Ad Hoc Networking with MIMO and Cognitive Radio, IEEE Global Communications Conference, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, Anaheim-USA, December 2012
- D.M.Gutierrez, B.Canberk, and I.F.Akyildiz, "Spatio-Temporal Estimation for Interference Management in Femtocell Networks," The 23st Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, IEEE PIMRC 2012. Sydney-AUSTRALIA, September 2012
- B.Canberk and S.Oktug, “A QoS based Channel Availability Classification for Cognitive Radio Networks using a Monitoring Network”, The 17th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communication, IEEE ISCC 2012. Cappadocia-TURKEY, July 2012
- T.Ovatman and B.Canberk, “Software-Based Optimization of Channel Utilization in Cognitive Radio Networks Using Priced Timed Automata”, ACM 2012 Spring Simulation Multiconference: The 44th Annual Simulation Symposium, ACM ANSS 2012. Orlando-USA, March 2012
- A. Yayımlı, C. Cavdar, “Energy-aware virtual topology reconfiguration under dynamic traffic”, ICTON 2012, Coventry, England, July 2 – 5, 2012 (Invited Paper)
- C. Ribera, C. Cavdar, A. Gencata, L. Wosinska, “Multi Layer Energy-Efficiency in IP over WDM Networks”, ACP 2012, Guangzhou, China, November 7-10, 2012 (Best Student Paper Nominee)
- H. Çukurtepe, A. Yayımlı, B. Mukherjee, “Inverse Multiplexing Gain Considering Physical Layer Impairments in Mixed Line Rate Networks”, ISCC 2012, Cappadocia, Turkey, July 1-4, 2012.
- Ozen S., T. Peken, S. Oktug, “Energy Efficient Wireless Sensor Network System for Localization,” Proc. of the Fourth International Conference on Emerging Network Intelligence (EMERGING2012), Barcelona, Sep. 2012
- Uyanik S., S. Oktug, “A QoS Based Cooperative Spectrum Utilization in Cognitive Radio Networks,” Proc. of The 35th IEEE Sarnoff Symposium, Newark, May 2012
- Tezcan H., S. Oktug, F.N. Kok, “Neural Delay Lines for TDMA Based Molecular Communication in Neural Networks,” Proc. of the Second IEEE International Workshop on Molecular and Nano-Scale Communications (IEEE MoNaCom2012), Ottawa, Jun.2012
- B.Canberk, I.F.Akyildiz and S.Oktug, “Primary User Activity Modeling Using First Difference Filter Clustering and Correlation in Cognitive Radio Networks”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol.19, no.1, pp.170-183.February 2011
- Erol-Kantarci, M.; H. Mouftah,S. Oktug, “A Survey of Architectures and Localization Techniques for Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks,” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. PP , Iss. 99, pp.1-16, 2011.
- Akgül T., S.Baykut , M. Erol, S. Oktug, “Periodicity-based Anomalies in Self-similar Network Traffic Flow Measurements,” IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol.60, Is.5, pp.1358-1366, Apr.2011
- Erol M., S. Oktug, L. Vieira, M. Gerla, “Performance Evaluation of Distributed LocalizationTechniques for Mobile Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, Vol.9, Iss.1, pp.61-72, Jan. 2011
- Kitap: B.Canberk, “QoS-Based Spectrum Management Framework in Cognitive Radio Networks”. (in Turkish)Publisher: Istanbul Chamber of Industry (Istanbul Sanayi Odasi- ISO), 2011.
- O. Ertuğrul and F. Buzluca, "An efficient broadcasting scheme for cognitive radio ad hoc networks", Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Cognitive Radio and Advanced Spectrum Management (CogART 2011), Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, October 26-29, 2011.
- B. Kahraman, F. Buzluca,"A Novel Channel Handover Strategy to Improve the Throughput in Cognitive Radio Networks", Proceedings of the 7th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2011), Istanbul Turkey, July 4-8, 2011, pp 107-112.
- B. Kahraman, F. Buzluca,"A Mathematical Model for Distributed Channel Access in Cognitive Radio Networks", Proceedings of the 7th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2011), Istanbul Turkey, July 4-8, 2011, pp 1158-1163.
- Ç. Çavdar, A. Yayımlı, L. Wosinska, “Cutting the Electric Bill by Routing and Wavelength Assignment with Time-zones and Time-of-use Prices”, ACP 2011, Shanghai, China, Nov. 13-16, 2011.
- Ç. Çavdar, A. Yayımlı, L. Wosinska, “How to Cut the Electric Bill in Optical WDM Networks with Time-zones and Time-of-use Prices”, ECOC 2011, Geneva, Switzerland, Sep. 18-22, 2011.
- F. Corut Ergin, A. Yayımlı, A. Ş. Uyar, “Survivable Cross-layer Virtual Topology Design using a Hyper-heuristic Approach”, ICTON 2011, Stockholm, Sweden, Jun. 26-30, 2011, (Invited Paper).
- F. Corut Ergin, A. Ş. Uyar, A. Yayımlı, “Investigation of Hyper-heuristics for Designing Survivable Virtual Topologies in Optical WDM Networks”, Evo* - EvoCOMNET 2011, Torino, Italy, Apr. 27-29, 2011.
- Demirtas E.H., S. Oktug, “Providing QoS to Secondary Users Employing VoIP Applications in Cognitive Radio Networks,” Proc. of the Sixth International Conference on Systems and Networks Communications, Barcelona, Oct. 2011
- Uyanik G.S., S. Oktug, “A Priority Based Cooperative Spectrum Utilization Considering Noise in Common Control Channel in Cognitive Radio Networks,” Proc. of the 7th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC2011), Istanbul, Jul. 2011
- Coplu T., S. Oktug, “Predictive Transmission Scheduling For Wireless Sensor Networks Using Received Signal Strength Statistics,” Proc. of IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference, Nevada, Jan. 2011
- Ç. Çavdar, M. Tornatore, F. Buzluca, B. Mukherjee, "Shared-Path Protection with Delay Tolerance (SDT) in Optical WDM Mesh Networks," IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 28, Issue: 14, July 2010, pp. 2068 - 2076.
- Erol M., H. Mouftah, S. Oktug,“Localization Techniques for Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.48, Iss.12, pp.152-158, Dec.2010
- Cakir A.R., S. Oktug, “A nanonetwork environment with messaging and humoral immunity-based database implementation,” Nano Communication Networks (Elsevier), Vol. 1, pp.189-198, 2010.
- Ç. Çavdar, F. Buzluca, L. Wosinska, "Energy-Efficient Design of Survivable WDM Networks with Shared Backup" IEEE Global Communications Conference (IEEE GLOBECOM 2010), Florida, USA, 6-10 December.
- B. Kahraman, F. Buzluca,"Protection and Fairness Oriented Cognitive Radio MAC Protocol for Ad Hoc Networks (PROFCR)", The 16th European Wireless Conference (EW2010), Lucca Italy, April 12-15, 2010.
- B.Canberk and S.Oktug, “Xpec: A Cross-Layer Spectrum Assignment in Cognitive Radio Networks”, The 4th IEEE Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunication Systems, IEEE ANTS 2010. Mumbai-INDIA, December 2010
- B.Canberk, I.F.Akyildiz and S.Oktug, “A QoS-Aware Framework for Available Spectrum Characterization and Decision in Cognitive Radio Networks”, The 21st Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, IEEE PIMRC 2010. Istanbul-TURKEY, September 2010
- G.Yildirim, B.Canberk and S.Oktug, “Enhancing The Performance of Multiple IEEE 802.11 Network Environment By Employing A Cognitive Dynamic Fair Channel Assignment”, The 9th IFIP/IEEE Annual Mediterranean Ad Hoc Networking Workshop, IEEE MEDHOCNET 2010. Juan Les Pins-FRANCE, June 2010
- F. Corut Ergin, E. Kaldırım, A. Yayımlı, A. Ş. Uyar, "Ensuring Resilience in Optical WDM Networks with Nature Inspired Heuristics", IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, Vol.2, No.8, pp.642-652, 2010.
- A. Keles, A. Yayimli, A. S. Uyar, “Ant Based Hyper Heuristic for Physical Impairment Aware Routing and Wavelength Assignment”, IEEE Sarnoff Symposium, Princeton, NJ, USA, Apr. 12-14, 2010.
- A. Keles, A. Yayimli, A. S. Uyar, “A Tabu Search Based Hyper-Heuristic Approach for Solving the Physical Impairment Aware Routing and Wavelength Assignment Problem in Optical WDM Networks”, Evo* - EvoCOMNET 2010, İstanbul, Turkey, Apr. 7-9, 2010.
- Yuksel B., S. Oktug, G. Karabulut-Kurt, I. Goksel, “An Empirical Study on The Effect of Mobility of GSM Telephone Traffic,” Proc. of IEEE PIMRC, Istanbul, Sep. 2010
- Yurdakul Z., S. Oktug, “A Hierarchical Channel Aware Uplink Scheduler For WiMAX Base Stations,” Proc. AICT 2010, Barcelona, May 2010
- Sancak A., B. Kantarci, S. Oktug, “Class based availability considerations in GMPLS networks,” Proc. IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, Riccione-Italy, Jun. 2010.
- B. Kantarci, H. T. Mouftah, S. Oktug, "Adaptive Schemes for Differentiated Availability-Aware Connection Provisioning in Optical Transport Networks", IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol.27, Issue 20, October 2009
- A. Gençata Yayımlı, "Selective Survivability with Disjoint Nodes and Disjoint Lightpaths for Layer 1 VPN", Elsevier Optical Switching and Networking, Vol. 6, No.1, pp.3-9, Jan 2009.
- W. O'Brien, C. Julien, S. Kabadayi, X. Luo, and J. Hammer, "An architecture for decision support in ad hoc sensor networks," ITcon: Special Issue on Next Generation Construction IT - Technology Foresight, Future Studies, Roadmapping, and Scenario Planning, vol. 14, pp. 309-327, May 2009.
- V. Rajamani, S. Kabadayi, and C. Julien, "An interrelational grouping abstraction for heterogeneous sensors," ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 1-31, May 2009.
- B.Canberk and S.Oktug, “Self Similarity Analysis and Modeling of VoIP Traffic under Wireless Heterogeneous Network Environment”, The Fifth Advanced International Conference on Telecommunications, AICT 2009. Venice-ITALY, May 2009
- F. C. Ergin, E. Kaldirim, A. Yayimli, S. Uyar, "Performance Analysis of Nature Inspired Heuristics for Survivable Virtual Topology Mapping", IEEE GLOBECOM 2009, Hawaii, USA, Nov. 30-Dec.4, 2009.
- E. Kaldirim, F. C. Ergin, S. Uyar, A. Yayimli, "Ant Colony Optimization for Survivable Virtual Topology Mapping in Optical WDM Networks", ISCIS 2009, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Sept. 14-16, 2009.
- F. C. Ergin, S. Uyar, A. Yayimli, "An Evolutionary Algorithm for Survivable Virtual Topology Mapping in Optical WDM Networks", Evo* - EvoWorkshops 2009, Tübingen, Germany, Apr. 15-17, 2009.
- Kantarci B., S. Oktug, “Loss Rate Based Burst Assembly to Resolve Contention in OBS Networks,” IET Communications (formerly: IEE Communications), Vol. 2, Issue 1, January 2008 Page(s):137 - 143
- S. Kabadayi and I. Tekin, "Software-only TDOA/RTT positioning for 3G WCDMA wireless network," Wiley Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 895-906, September 2008.
- C. Julien and S. Kabadayi, "Enabling programmable ubiquitous computing environments: a middleware perspective," In S. Kouadri Mostéfaoui, Z. Maamar, and G. M. Giaglis (Eds.), Advances in Ubiquitous Computing: Future Paradigms and Directions, chapter 5, pages 117–149. Hershey: IGI Publishing, 2008.
- C. Cavdar, A. Yayimli, B. Mukherjee, "Multilayer Resilient Design for Layer 1 VPNs," Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition - OFC 2008, San Diego, California, USA, Feb. 24-28, 2008.
- Kantarci B., H.T. Mouftah, S. Oktug, “Differentiated Availability-Aware Connection Provisioning in Optical Transport Networks,” IEEE Globecom 2008 Optical Networks and Systems Symposium, New Orleans, LA (USA), Nov 30.- Dec. 4 2008
- Kantarci B., H.T. Mouftah, S. Oktug, “Arranging Shareability Dynamically for the Availability-Constrained Design of Optical Transport Networks,” Thirteenth IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, Marrakech (Morocco), July 2008
- Kantarci B., S. Oktug, D.T. Altilar, “Prioritized Contention Resolution Scheme for Grid Services,” Sixth Annual Conference on Communication Networks and Services Research (CNRS2008)’e kabul edildi, Halifax, Canada, May 2008
- Kantarci B., S. Oktug, T. Atmaca, “Performance of OBS Techniques under Self-Similar Traffic Based on Various Burst Assembly Techniques ", Computer Communications (Elsevier), Vol.30, Iss.2, pp. 315-325, Jan.2007
- S. Kabadayi and C. Julien, "Scenes: abstracting interaction in immersive sensor networks," Pervasive and Mobile Computing: Special Issue on Selected Papers from PerCom 2007, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 635-658, December 2007.
- V. Rajamani, S. Kabadayi, and C. Julien, "Query domains: grouping heterogeneous sensors based on proximity," In Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Heterogeneous Multi-Hop Wireless and Mobile Networks (MHWMN), colocated with MASS'07, October 2007.
- W.J. O'Brien, C. Julien, J. Hammer, S. Kabadayi, and X. Luo, "An architecture for local decision support in ad hoc sensor networks," In Proceedings of the 2007 ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering, July 2007.
- T. Nguyen, W. O'Brien, K. Schmidt, S. Kabadayi, and C. Julien, "Educating a competitive, cyberinfrastructure-savvy engineering and construction work force," in Construction Industry Institute (CII) Annual Conference Academic Poster Session, July 2007.
- S. Kabadayi, C. Julien, W.J. O'Brien, and D. Stovall, "Virtual sensors: a demonstration," In 26th International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM): Demonstrations Track, May 2007.
- S. Kabadayi and C. Julien, "A local data abstraction and communication paradigm for pervasive computing," In Proceedings of the 5th Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, pp. 57-68, March 2007.
- C. Cavdar, A. Gencata, B. Mukherjee, "CATZ: Time-zone-aware Bandwidth Allocation in Layer 1 VPNs", IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.45 , No.4 , April 2007.