Prof. Aydın Mısırlıoglu, Istanbul Technical University
Assoc.Prof. Melike Nikbay, Istanbul Technical University
Dr. Bulent Tutkun, Istanbul Technical University
Assist.Prof. Gokhan Kirkil, Kadir Has University
Dr. Ahmet Can Sabuncu, Istanbul Technical University
Dr. Mark P. Simens, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
- Development of an LES Methodology for High Fidelity Solutions of Flow Problems in Modern Gas Turbine Design. Supported by Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey.
- A Stable Unstructured Finite Volume Method with Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian Formulation for the Numerical Simulation of Insect Flight. Supported by Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey.
- Fully-Coupled Large-Scale Numerical Simulation of Fluid Structure Interaction Problems. Supported by Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey.
- Technical team member of AVT-202 Extension of Fundamental Flow Physics to Practical MAV Aerodynamics (NATO STO Applied Technology Panel).
- An efficient lattice Boltzmann method solver utilizing multi-block approach on GPU for fluid-structure interaction simulations, Scientific Research Project Supported by Istanbul Technical University.
- Technical team member of AVT-205, Assessment of Predictive Capabilities for Aerothermodynamic Heating of Hypersonic Systems (NATO STO Applied Technology Panel).
- Numerical Investigation of Adverse-Pressure-Gradient Flows in Low-Pressure-Turbines using DNS Approach. Supported by Scientific Research Council of Istanbul Technical University, Turkey.
- Direct Numerical Simulation of Adverse Pressure Gradient Boundary Layer Control. Supported by PRACE Research Infrastructure, EU.
FACILITIESIntel Xeon E5-2670 with 16 cores and 24TB Storage SGI Altix 3000 (1300MHz, Itanium 2) with 32 nodes A workstation with 3 Tesla C2075 GPU
National Center for High Performance Computing (UYBHM) of Turkey TUBITAK ULAKBIM, High Performance and Grid Computing Center Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain PRACE Research Infrastructure, EU
2014M.P. Simens and A.G. Gungor, The effect of surface roughness on laminar separated boundary layers, Journal of Turbomachinery, Vol. 136, 031014, (2014).
B. Erzincanli and M. Sahin, An Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian Formulation for Solving Moving Boundary Problems with Large Displacement and Rotations. Journal of Computational Physics, 255:660-679, (2013). M. Sahin, Parallel Large-Scale Numerical Simulation of Purely-Elastic Instabilities Behind a Confined Circular Cylinder in a Rectangular Channel. Journal of non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 195:46-56, (2013). Avsar H., At A., Celik B., “ computational simulations of shock-wave laminar boundary layer interaction”, In Proceedings AIAC, Ankara, Turkey (2013).
A.G. Gungor, M.P. Simens and J. Jimenez, Direct numerical simulations of wake-perturbed separated boundary layers, Journal of Turbomachinery, Vol. 134, 061024, (2012).
M. Sahin, A Stable Unstructured Finite Volume Method for Parallel Large-Scale Viscoelastic Fluid Flow Calculations. Journal of non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 166:779-791, (2011). Qian S., Celik B., Beskok A., “Characterization of Chaotic Stirring in Lab-on-a-Chip Devices using Numerical Tools”, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics Handbook, edited by Mitra S. and Chakraborty S., CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, 2011.
Celik B., Raisee M., Beskok A., “Heat transfer enhancement in a slot channel via a transversely oscillating adiabatic circular cylinder”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 2010; 53(4), 626-634.
A.G. Gungor and S. Menon, A new two-scale model for large eddy simulation of wall-bounded flows, Progress in Aerospace Sciences, Vol. 46, pp. 28-45, (2010).
M. Sahin, K. Mohseni and S. Colin, The Numerical Comparison of Flow Patterns and Propulsive Performances for the Hydromedusae Sarsia Tubulosa and Aequorea Victoria. The Journal of Experimental Biology, 212:2656-2667, (2009). M. Sahin and K. Mohseni, An Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian Formulation for the Numerical Simulation of Flow Patterns Generated by the Hydromedusa Aequorea Victoria. Journal of Computational Physics, 228:4588-4605, (2009). Celik B, Beskok A.“Mixing induced by a transversely oscillating circular cylinder in a straight channel”,Physics of Fluids 2009; 21(7), 073601; doi:10.1063/1.3177001. Celik B., Edis F.O.,“Micro-scale synthetic-jet actuator flow simulation with characteristic-based-split method”, Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, 2009; 81(3) 239-246.